Monday, April 6, 2009

Bran muffins are a work in progress, but these are awesome in the meantime!

Okay, so bran muffins turned out dry and freaky, BUT the breakfast bars are delicious! SO here's the recipie..
2 C. Rolled Oats
2 mashed old bananas
1/3C olive oil
2 1/2 C. of nuts and fruits, I used apricots, LOTS of dates, raisens, almonds..
1/2 Flax
1/2 Bran
1 C almond butter
2 tbs honey
Cinnamon

Mash the bananas, mix in the honey, almond butter and olive oil, set aside. Mix the oats, flax, bran, fruts & nuts, and cinnamon together, then blend wet and dry ingredients. I personally am a shipwreck in the kitchen(in all the best ways of course!) and rarely measure, never stick to my measurements and mixed the whole kitten in the boodle together at once. That required a whole bunch of mixing and a lot of patience to get an even mixture, so maybe it will save time doing the wet/dry preblend thing. The only important part is to premash the bananas. I oiled a 1/3 C measuring cup and packed it with my mix and made little round breakfast bars, then baked in the oven for 15minutes. These are moist, and stay chewy. Just how I like em!
Oh yeah, and I am certian these are packed with great omega 3's, protein like crazy, and my usual load of fiber of both the soluble and insoluble sorts..

1 comment:

  1. Haha, too bad about the muffins... But these sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete